Financial Aid Description
Dominion Academy is a school of academic excellence, while also providing the development of godly character by establishing a consistent Christian worldview that is anchored in the creative, sustaining, and redemptive work of Jesus Christ. Our goal is that our students will be salt and light in their various vocations by living lives that challenge the prevailing culture and bring glory to the Lord Jesus Christ by serving Him well in all places and at all times.
Toward that end, Dominion Academy strives to provide a program that is accessible to the community. The primary way in which we accomplish this is by maintaining a tuition rate that is affordable in relation to other area schools. Dominion also offers financial aid for families. Financial aid decisions are made once a year by an ad hoc committee. The committee is chaired by the school board treasurer.
Financial aid is based on need
The following is considered when determining need:
- Number of children enrolled concurrently
- Total number of school age children
- Financial need (based on FACTs financial application)
- Completion of the Dominion Academy financial aid letter of intent
- Significant health-related expenses
- Employment in full-time Christian ministry
- Single parent/child support issues
- The family’s previous payment history at Dominion
- Other extenuating circumstances
Important Notes About Financial Aid
- The committee reviews the applicant’s financial need in part by using the score generated by FACTs. Any extenuating circumstances, such as extraordinary medical expenses or anticipated drops in income for the coming year, should be explained separately in writing
- Financial aid is awarded only after a student has been formally accepted. Some financial aid may be set aside for students who will be accepted at a later date.
- All families applying for financial aid are asked to seriously explore all other avenues of meeting their tuition needs (e.g. help from extended family members, part-time employment) before turning to the school. This allows the school to concentrate its help on the families who truly have no alternative.
- The total budgeted amount dedicated to financial aid is divided among the various types of assistance offered; with the need-based requests for financial aid being met from the amount remaining after all other assistance is assigned. Other assistance includes tuition discounts for multiple children enrolled, staff discounts and church discounts.
- As a rule, the total amount of tuition assistance (which includes financial aid) offered by Dominion Academy may not exceed 8% of the school’s tuition income for any school year.
- The financial aid committee considers each request, and the intent is to provide some assistance; however, the limitation of available funds may restrict the school’s ability to provide all assistance as requested. In some cases no financial aid may be awarded.
- Financial aid allows no more than 50% of the family’s total tuition. All other fees must be paid in full.
- Families receiving financial aid are encouraged to make an extra effort to volunteer help to the school as opportunities arise.
- The School Board’s financial aid committee treats the content of the application and related material confidentially.
- Complete the Dominion Academy Financial Aid Notice of Intent –Due March 1st. Complete the FACTs online financial aid application by March 1st (https://www.factstuitionaid.com/facts/gaapp)
- The financial aid committee meets in March to determine aid amounts, and applicants will be notified in writing by April 1st.